Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Day 324 in a Year of my Life

It was still windy here today, but not near as bad as yesterday.

Apparently the wind will increase again tomorrow.

On the news last night, they predicted 30 storms over the coming season, three of them significant.

Doesn't that warm the cockles of your heart?  I think not.

This morning, I rose early, hoping to get a nice sunrise and experiment with the light and my jelly for the Photo5 contest.

The sunrise was a non-event and the jelly was washed into the ocean after my second photo!!


I still have another idea to try with Adoring Husband tomorrow.  I might nab him early tomorrow morning and see what we can come up with.


Full moon tomorrow afternoon.  If only I could find an interesting location to make the most of it!

A nice photo of a lovely local lady.


I've got the dehydrator working today.  Banana, strawberry, apple and tomato all on their way to dried deliciousness.

Today I'm grateful to see our garden abundant with tomatoes, all beginning to ripen.  I can't wait to make my own sun dried tomatoes with all kinds of different flavours.

Nite all.

No comments: