Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, September 20, 2013

Day 326 in a Year of my Life

OMG

I am so tired!

I stayed awake until 2am so that I could go to the local bakery and get photos of 'flour' for the Photo competition.

Adoring Husband set his alarm so that he could drive me.

I did offer to ride my trike, but he was insistent.  Apparently, even our town isn't safe enough at that time of the night, for his liking.

So he drove me there and sat in the car while I spent about 30 minutes taking photos.

We were home in time for me to be in bed by 3am, but it took a while for me to fall asleep and then I was awake at 7am.

For the first half of the day, I felt totally hung over!

I remember the days when I could stay awake all night and still function very well the next day.

I tried a magic green smoothie and some of my new home made muesli, which helped a little, but it was lunch time before I began to feel normal again.

I need to get a good sleep tonight, because I'm going back there tomorrow morning at 4.30am.

Last night, they were making bread, so there was lots of dough, but not much flour.

Apparently, when they make pastry tomorrow, there will be lots of flour and moving machinery, so I'll have another go.

It's just across the road from the beach, so I'll try for a sunrise afterwards

Anyway, today I'm grateful to be living in a small town where everybody knows each other and are willing to help in any way for my photography challenges.  The same baker that has my photos hanging on his shop walls.  It's so nice.

Nite all.

No comments: