Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, September 15, 2013

Day 321 in a Year of my Life

We have what we think is a failed attempt at making feta cheese.

However, we will wait a few more hours before we make a final decision.

*insert sad face here*

The weekend has been filled with football finals games.  The National Rugby League football finals are upon us and there were four games this weekend.

My team didn't quite make it this year, but Adoring Husband's team did, and they won yesterday, thanks to a refereeing error of major proportions.  Controversy abounds.

Next week, in the preliminary finals, they have to play the team that beat them in their only 2 grand final appearances (many, many years ago), so it will be a psychological battle to overcome, as well as a physical one.

Needless to say, Adoring Husband can't wipe the smile off his face ... and football hasn't given him a lot to smile about in recent years, what with State of Origin and his team losing (to my team) 8 years in a row (just had to mention that one and rub a little salt in) and this team not winning a game in the first round of finals since 2008.

His team suffered injuries yesterday, so we're hoping that they aren't too bad and that they don't lose major players for such an important game.

On a happier note, I made a delicious chocolate mousse this afternoon, out of avocado, coconut milk & oil, cocoa, maple syrup, vanilla extract and cream.

I ate some for dinner!

I really wasn't feeling hungry after a very delicious garden salad and potato salad lunch, and I knew if I ate dinner, I wouldn't have room for dessert ... so I had JUST dessert.  Haha!  I had my just desserts!  Pffft.

Here's one of my practise shots for the 'Jelly' brief in the Photo5 competition.  I'm only showing it because I haven't got any other photos prepared for this post.


See, I have lots of 'fails'.

Today I'm grateful for random photography tutorials on facebook that trigger possible GREAT ideas for photo competitions.  Watch this space tomorrow :)

Nite all.

No comments: