Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, September 16, 2013

Day 322 in a Year of my Life

So, yesterday, when I said "I'm grateful for random photography tutorials that trigger possible GREAT ideas for photo competitions", the idea that I had in my head didn't actually work out successfully.  In fact my attempts were pretty dull.



My list of 'fails' appears to be getting longer.

I have two more ideas that I want to try tomorrow.  After that ... who knows?

Adoring Husband and I had to go into The Bay today, to pick up a prize that he had won in a raffle.

Of all the prizes in all the raffles in all the world, why did we win this one????


Not really our cup of tea at all, and it certainly doesn't suit the decor in our home.

I think we will re-gift to another charity organisation so that she can be raffled off again and hopefully go to a home where she will be loved.

Since we had to be in town anyway, we decided to go to the movies.  We saw "Elysium" starring Matt Damon and Jody Foster.  It was quite violent and a bit graphic in parts, but aside from that (just keep reminding yourself that it's not real), I really enjoyed it.

I was never a big fan of Matt Damon, but having seen a few of his interviews, he seems like a nice, down to earth family man and I've recently warmed to him.  I've always been a big Jody Foster fan.

Our dehydrator arrived today, so this week, I hope to start dehydrating!

We had a nice baked dinner tonight and then I got to savour the last of the avocado/chocolate mousse.  Sooooo good!

Today, I'm grateful for the season of Spring, and finding a new Tawny Frogmouth nest to watch and wondering if the strange actions and sounds coming from SEB the cockatiel, is his attempt to court OB the cockatiel.  We may need to obtain a nesting box for the cage!

Nite all.

No comments: