Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, December 29, 2013

Hot and Summery

I think we can safely say that Summer has well and truly set in.

Today was 33C with 70% humidity.

I turned the air conditioner on at 9.30am.

This guy had the right idea ...


... if I wasn't afraid of sharks, I'd have joined him!

Sadly there was a large dead turtle beached beside the boat ramp this morning.  Hopefully, the tide will take him back out to sea during the night.  It looked like he may have been struck by a propeller because the rear end of his shell was sliced and cracked.

Very sad because he was a beautiful looking specimen.

Nothing to report for the day.

It seems that we'll have a few friends over for New Year's Eve this year.  It will be a nice way to see out the old year, which hasn't been to kind to any of us, and see in a fresh new year that hopefully will bring us a lot more smiles and much better health for some of us.

I'm thinking up a good New Year's Resolution.

Last year my resolution was to become a little fitter and healthier.  Read last year's post here.

I believe that I have been successful with that resolution, so I need to find another achievable and meaningful resolution for this year.

I will think about it and get back to you ... watch this space!

Nite all.

No comments: