Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, January 1, 2014

New Year's Eve

New Year's Resolutions.  I have two.

My first resolution this year is to learn as much about nutrition as I can possibly squeeze into my brain.

I am so hungry (pardon the pun) for information, but I'm worried about being trained like a monkey ...  I feel that taking all of my information from one source will not provide me with 'the whole story', so I'm trying to figure out my best options.

I also don't want to spend a fortune .. after dropping out of the Diploma in Photography course because the first three modules bored me out of my brain (and my motivation was so high when I started!) ... I will need to be convinced of the value in any nutritional education that I take on.

So I'll do a bit of research.  Ask the right people the right questions.  Decide whether it's worth the effort to educate myself through an institute and gain qualifications, or just continue learning and exploring online.

My second resolution is to create a website.  A good one.

I've been thinking about it for so long and procrastinating .. which you must admit, I am very good at .. so it's time to take some positive steps towards that goal.

So, having thought about resolutions for 2014, I'm looking back on 2013 and wondering what I achieved.  Instead, I will look at the good and the bad.

The difficult parts of 2013:

Adoring Husband's diagnosis of Parkinson's Disease.
The tornado.
Losing two friends to cancer.
Being so far away while BGWLBH dealt with serious family health issues.

The best parts of 2013:

My sister visited.
My brother visited.
My youngest daughter visited.
Number one son visited.
Best cousin in the world visited.
The sporty cousins visited.
Chicklet turned two.
I won two flickr challenges.
I learned how to make cheese.
I got 6 years of taxes up-to-date.
I had two girlie weekends with the Burrum Babes.
I had a baby shoot, a city night shoot, a wedding shoot, a portrait shoot and various sunrise/sunset shoots with the Nikonian.
We won the facebook/twitter campaign against Youi to get our house repaired after the tornado.
I got a new Apple iMac.
I found some Tawny Frogmouth nests after their usual nesting trees were lost in the tornado.
Spent so much time with Chicklet and discovered that she is even more special than we already knew.
Changed the way we eat and learnt so much more about nutrition than I ever expected.
Adoring Husband found the SES and worked his way into a valuable position that brings him so much pleasure.

Good grief, the list just goes on and on and on.

I've been dwelling too much on the bad and not enough on the good ... there has been a LOT of good!

Bring on 2014!!  I'm ready!!


Happy New Year to you all ... with love from me xxx

Nite all.

No comments: