Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, January 4, 2014

RoznDeb's Most Excellent Adventure

I had a restless night last night, and so did BGWLBH, so we didn't get away this morning til around 8am.

Ok ... so Wilbur-Herbert couldn't make our 'most excellent adventure' this year, and we really wanted a companion, so we kidnapped Mickey ... only it turns out that Mickey was a willing participant in his own kidnapping!

When Mickey's owner finds out, we will probably be in big trouble, but BGWLBH will have to face his wrath upon her return to Griffith in a few weeks' time.

In the meantime, Mickey is gunna have FUN!











I have taken other photos, but they can wait until I have time to edit them.

For now, you will have to live vicariously through Mickey!

I can't believe how perfect the weather is down here.  At 11am in Coolamon, it was 19C!  We have had a glorious day of travelling .. a little bit windy in Junee at lunch time, but glorious here in Cowra, where we are staying tonight.

Budget Motel for less than $100 a night.  Our aim is to try to pay less than $100 every night for accommodation.  This was our fourth try .. the other motels ranged from $120 - $145.

We stopped for the night earlier than originally planned because we thought it'd be nice to catch a movie, then get a bite to eat and then get some shut eye.

Unfortunately, after we paid for the motel and unloaded the car, we found out from the owner of the motel that the Cowra Cinemas shut down about 6 months ago, so we walked to the main street and found a Thai Cafe where we had dinner, walked around the block and then came back to the motel to work on these photos.

It's been a good day, catching up on each other's news, gossiping and giggling.

Tomorrow, we hope to do some bush walking and some side tracking down little known roads and hopefully get really adventurous ... well as adventurous as a pair of old birds can be anyway.

Nite all.

No comments: