Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Great Start

What a great start to the new year - sharing the evening with good friends, laughing, dancing, swimming, eating and drinking.  A good time was had by all and we even saw midnight without too much of a struggle!

Yesterday, during my daily 'date with the internet', I discovered a woman by the name of Karen Walrond.

She is a Lawyer, Photographer and Author of "The Beauty of Different".

The following words are hers ...

Hey you.

Yes you.

Here's something the media doesn't want you to know ...

You're beautiful.

It's true.

Here are ten ways to make sure everyone, knows it.

  1. Remember, there are differences, but there are no flaws.
  2. There's only one fashion rule:  if it makes you feel awesome - wear it!
  3. Be willing to be vulnerable, so you can fully experience joy.
  4. Control your own perspective.  Perspective is everything.
  5. Another word for sexy?  Confident.
  6. Breathe - deeply and every day.
  7. Express yourself - often, kindly and without apology.
  8. The adventure is in the attempt.  Embrace possibility.
  9. To remain 'youthful', never stop looking for the wonderful.
  10. ... and finally - create your own story.  Never let others create it for you.
Because no matter what anyone says, there is an underlying truth:

You are different and you are beautiful, so ...

GO
BE
AMAZING

and on that note, I just had to share this with you all ...


I plan on being awesome :)

Nite all.

No comments: