Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, January 3, 2014

We're OFF!

Tomorrow marks the beginning of our road trip!

I am very sad to say that Wilbur Herbert will not be with us on this trip, because I left him at home.

It would have been difficult to carry him on the plane because he is quite a cumbersome size and made out of metal.

Besides, my luggage was already oversized!

Perhaps we can find a new travel companion that will be easier to carry on all the different modes of transport that we encounter, and not so difficult to carry on the long walking tracks!

Today, we visited Dad W in hospital, where he was sitting quite proudly showing off his new metal leg with the running shoe attached to it.  It's just his temporary foot and I really should have taken my camera to capture the memory *forehead slap*.

I have to say that he was looking healthier and happier than the last time I was here, with a bit of a twinkle in his eye, and already making jokes about his foot.  I think he will have a lot of fun at other people's expense, over his foot.

Anyway, it was great to see you Dad W and I hope you enjoy keeping up with our road trip ... I promise to make this blog 'newsworthy' with minimal cooking details for the duration of the trip.  OK?

I guess I should sign off and get some sleep so that we can head off early tomorrow morning.  It'd be nice to leave before sunrise and get some nice morning light photos, but I doubt we'll be that well organised.

Catch up 'somewhere in NSW' tomorrow!

Nite all.

No comments: