Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, February 27, 2014

Monty Morning

It was a quiet morning at the Seat of Knowledge today, but that was a good thing because there was a little first time visitor who was happy to pose for a few shots.  Here is one of them ...


This Carpet Python was less than two feet long, and hung around for about an hour.

I think he came from the rocks that line the banks of the river, because it was a very high tide this morning and after the tide turned and began to go out, he found his way back to the rocks.

It was a beautiful morning and you can see in the background of this shot, how blue the water was.

When it was time for everybody to go home and have some breakfast, I came home and put my chicken bone broth on to simmer.

I had a hair appointment at 11am and had three inches cut from the length of my hair!  It looks and feels a lot better .. it's been almost 3 months since I've had a trim and I was beginning to look a bit bedraggled.

I arrived home in time to put the lamb shanks into the slow cooker so that they would be cooked early enough that Adoring Husband could eat before his SES meeting.

The highlight of my day was after I had chased the dogs away from the back fence (they were barking at our new neighbourly dog, George) and I came back inside to discover Helen, the solo chicken, INSIDE the house and she had done a nice big fat birdie 'do-do' in the middle of the floor!

Lucky we have a tiled floor because it was the size of a saucer!!  UGH!!

That was not pleasant!

But this is ...


I took this photo on our road trip in January.  It was a very misty and sometimes rainy day, which helped create this lovely soft light.

And THIS is the end of my day.

Nite all.


No comments: