Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Pinteresting Addiction

Pinterest is like having your very own online scrap book .. or multiple scrap books .. one each for everything that you're interested in .. recipes, home decor, fashion, quotes, crafts, hairstyles, jewellery, movies, photos, party ideas, cake decorating etc.

The fun part is searching other people's Pinterest pages and finding new recipes and new ideas for all sorts of things.

I've had a Pinterest page for some time, but for the most part, I've avoided it, because it's very addictive and time just seems to fly by until half the day is wasted!

However, just lately, I've been trolling through hundreds of recipe ideas (and I'm willing to bet that there are tens of thousands of recipes) and saving them to my Pinterest recipe board.

Each food photo is a link to it's recipe.

I've already lost count of the number of hours that I've lost in Pinterest since last Saturday and I have so many recipes that I want to try, that I just don't know where to start!

On that note, I'm leaving you with a photo of my lovely little Chicklet, taken on her birthday, and I'm off to Pinterest again to search for more food ideas!


Nite all.

 

No comments: