Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, February 17, 2014

Home again, home again, jiggedy jig!

Home sweet home.

Instead of rising early for a sunrise photo shoot, The Nikonian and I chose (with unspoken words), to have a lazy morning at home.

We kind of had a weekend debriefing session, a bit of brekky and a cuppa.

Her partner arrived home from his weekend at Tuan and not long after that, The Nikonian drove me to the train station.

It was a really hot day with a warm and uncomfortable wind blowing, so it wasn't pleasant on the station platform, but thankfully, I didn't have to wait too long until the lovely air conditioned tilt train arrived and I could escape the heat.

There weren't many on the train, so I had a double seat to myself and directly across the aisle was a lady from my town, so we chatted for the entire trip, which made it go a lot faster.

Adoring Husband was waiting at the station to pick me up and it was great to see his welcoming smiling face.

I unpacked, we grocery shopped, I spent some time in my kitchen concentrating on a good home-cooked hearty meal full of vegetables, a home made buttery gravy and lots of raw onion to help fight off any flu-ey germs that The Nikonian was trying to fight off all weekend.

Now I'm all relaxed, with my feet up, watching My Kitchen Rules and the new series 'Love Child'.

It's good to be home and already, my brain is working over what I'm going to cook in the kitchen this week!

Nite all.

No comments: