Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, March 13, 2014

Autumn Day

I love the month of March.

That fading out time.

Summer fading into Autumn.

The cooler temperatures that make for perfect sleeping weather.

The cleaner, clearer morning air that makes you breathe deeper.

The brighter and more vibrant colours of nature, that capture your attention.

The water is clearer and the wildlife is friendlier ...


... and the fish are freaking, as they are chased by the bigger fish .. mackerel, in this case...


It was a perfect morning and I almost didn't want to go home.  I could have pedalled around town for hours, soaking up the sunshine.

When I got home from my lovely morning, I made some blueberry crepes for breakfast, which were nice, but I didn't fancy the blueberries.  Apples next time I think.

Then it was time for some study, some housework, some more study, some facebook time, some more study and then I crumbed some fish for dinner and drenched it in lime juice - delicious with a side salad of baby spinach, cucumber and watermelon.

Chocolate muffin with strawberries and cream for dessert.

The day couldn't be much better.

An early night tonight I think, so that I can get an early start to another glorious morning tomorrow.

Nite all.




No comments: