Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, March 15, 2014

Broken Sleep

I climbed into bed early last night and switched on the telly just for some background noise, only to discover that the movie 'Sleepless in Seattle' was on!

I forced myself to stay awake and watched it to the end, but fell asleep the instant it finished.

Unfortunately I was woken by a barking dog at 2.20am.  Colli was in the laundry barking, so I got up to see what she barking at.  I couldn't see anything, so I told her to get back into bed and I too, went back to bed.

Within 10 minutes she was barking again, so I got up and checked again.  Nothing.

I opened the laundry door to let her outside, so that she could either do her 'business', or satisfy herself that there was nothing to bark at anymore.

I put her back to bed and then went to do some of my own 'business' before climbing back into bed.

Of course Colli started again, so I got up and brought her into the bedroom with me.  I figured that if there was something or somebody outside, she would continue to bark in the bedroom and then I could take some kind of action, otherwise she would go to sleep and then so could I!

Well, she went to sleep alright, but by now, I was wide awake!  It was almost 4am when I finally fell asleep and then the alarm went off at 5.15am for me to go to work.  There was absolutely no way I could get out of bed, so I reset the alarm for 6am and went back to sleep.

Needless to say, I am feeling decidedly lethargic today.

I did make some poached pears for lunch ...


... and I've boiled up some organic eggshells and then put them in the oven to dry them out properly.  The next step is grinding them in the coffee grinder to make my own calcium.


I'll put it in my smoothies and in my cooking.

I have one photo to share from yesterday.  While I took all of the photos of the creatures IN the water, these butterflies were dancing OVER the water ...


I did have an hour at the Seat of Knowledge this morning and there were two turtles swimming around the boat ramp, as well as a lot of different fish.

The Captain was out on his yacht this morning and spotted a small shark in the water, chasing the smaller fish.

It's Super Saturday, so I am perched on the couch watching the football - I could quite possible doze off as last night's broken sleep catches up with me!

Nite all.    

No comments: