Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, March 9, 2014

Vitamin C

Vitamin C is an anti-oxidant that plays a critical role in helping the immune system, joints, and arteries heal and function properly.

The health benefits of Vitamin C:
  • Vitamin C plays an important role in the health and function of the immune cells.
  • White blood cells depend upon Vitamin C in order to survive and withstand the attack of pathogens and free radicals.
  • Vitamin C also plays an important role as an antihistamine and reduces inflammatory conditions associated with colds, fevers, flus and allergies.
  • Vitamin C plays an important role in the production of collagen, which is the major constituent in ligaments, bones, discs, tendons and skin.
  • Vitamin C has been shown to improve the healing process of burns, cuts, wounds, sprains/strains and broken bones.
  • Vitamin C is also extremely important for the health of eyes and many experts believe that as little as 1000mg of liposomal Vitamin C, daily, may stop cataracts altogether.
This is just the tip of the ice berg.  

There is so much more information about Vitamin C and how it can be used to fight cancers and heart disease, and also how to find the best way to take Vitamin C, and in what form, plus a whole lot of links to even more information, if you go here.

I have never been a big believer in Vitamin C, but the more I read about it, the more interested I am becoming.  I don't think I'll be buying the orange flavoured, sugar filled Vitamin C tablets from the supermarkets, but I'll investigate further and follow my instincts.

I'm keen to learn more and I'll share the best stuff here in the near future.

I had a big sleep in this morning .. even after going to bed almost 2 hours earlier than usual!

I woke just after 2am to use the bathroom and noticed that it was raining very heavily, but immediately went back to sleep and then didn't wake again until my alarm went off at 8.20am!

I set the alarm to remind myself of an appointment for a photo shoot, so it was lucky I did, or I may have missed it.

Adoring Husband and I enjoyed a pleasant morning with the people involved, whom we have known for a few years now, but with whom we have never spent a lot of time.  It was a nice way to start the day.

After we arrived home, we enjoyed a very late breakfast of bacon, eggs and tomato and then, with a full belly, AH spent the afternoon in the garden, mowing and whipper snipping and making our garden look like somebody lives here, instead of like the abandoned home that it was beginning to look like!

I'm looking forward to spending tomorrow morning on some solid study while AH is at the SES shed.  

There is lots to be done!

I just had to share this .. it made me laugh out loud, because I have days where I want to do this ...


Nite all

No comments: