Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, March 14, 2014

Clean and Healthy

The Seat of Knowledge.

As you face the river, to the right of the Seat of Knowledge is a boat ramp.

To the left is a set of white timber steps (approx 12 steps to the ground).

At low tide, they lead to the sandy/rocky beach.

At high tide, they lead directly into the river, which comes about halfway up the set of steps.

This morning I sat on those steps and took these photos of the marine life.  It was better than Underwater World!



See the four cuttle fish?  Butter Bream and fish of unknown origin that look like floating sticks and leaves until you look closer!  There were 4 turtles around the boat ramp this morning.  Herrings and Mackerel and Zebra Fish.

We have lived here for almost 6 years and I have never seen so much life in this river, even at it's cleanest.  The river is cleaner and healthier than I've ever seen it.

A shark was spotted closer to the mouth of the river yesterday.  There have been a few sightings in the last couple of weeks.

Except for the sharks, I'd have given anything to grow a tail and become a mermaid so that I could slip into the water and join the other sea creatures this morning.

I was overwhelmed and my ride along the path that hugs the river was very slow and very enjoyable this morning.

Life is good.

Nite all.


No comments: