Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, March 20, 2014

Fire!

Yesterday, around lunchtime, a fire broke out in the forest just north of our town.  It's still burning.

The State Emergency Services were activated yesterday afternoon.

Adoring Husband, along with the majority of our local SES group, have spent the last 24 hours supporting the 50+ Volunteer Fire Brigade members, who have been working tirelessly fighting this fire.

The volunteers in these groups are all very dedicated and really deserve our respect and gratitude for keeping us safe.

This is what it looked like from my front driveway this afternoon...


The fire fighters are still out there keeping the fire at bay, while we sleep in the comfort of our beds.

While AH was fulfilling his SES duties, I was in the kitchen cooking up a storm.

I'll be away for a few days next week, so I've prepared some meals for AH to reheat in the oven.

Turkey Mince Shepherds Pie (which is also full of other veggies like spinach, carrot, zucchini and onion).

Chicken and Mushroom casserole (also has tomato, onion, chilli, spinach and zucchini).

Mini Sweet Potato and Potato bakes.

There is already Pumpkin Soup and a Beef and Veggie casserole prepared in the freezer.

Yes, you might gasp!!  "What a lucky man that Adoring Husband is, to have such a considerate and dedicated wife as she!"

Tomorrow, I have to make our special GF Muesli so that I can leave some for AH and also take some down to my little Chicklet.  I'll make some chocolate muffins, some of which I'll take with me for my Sunny Coast family.

Vegan Chickie will need a candle in one for her birthday on Sunday!  Note to self ... take a candle!

That's it for tonight.  Sleep time for me.

Nite all.








No comments: