Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Start the Day

I don't know about you, but just recently I've been finding it a real struggle to get out of bed in the mornings!

I would rather lie in bed for an hour with my ipad, than get up and greet the day with enthusiasm.

I've decided that I don't like starting my day like that and I want a new routine.

So I've come up with this idea.

Positive ways to start your day:

  • Before you even get out of bed, silently say 'thankyou' to the universe for allowing you to wake up and live another day.
  • Lie comfortably in bed and look around.  Notice the beautiful morning light, listen to the early birds singing or just notice the colour and decor that you have created around you. 
  • State an intention for the day eg be more patient with your husband,  make a 'catch up' phone call to an old friend, clean the windows or just take a quiet walk in your garden.
  • Stand at your window and look outside at the sunshine or the pre-dawn light, better yet, step outside (in your pyjamas) and either feel the sunshine on your skin or feel the stillness of the early morning air.
  • Go to the nearest mirror, look at your reflection, smile, say "Good Morning" to yourself, and then follow it up with "YOU ARE PERFECT, JUST THE WAY YOU ARE."
It doesn't matter if you are dieting, on a new fitness regime, are about to get a new haircut, are quitting smoking tomorrow or have absolutely no plans for yourself.

Right here, right now, as you look back at your reflection ... you really are perfect, just the way you are.

Now you should have a smile on your dial and a spring in your step and you can go ahead and make the day count.

I'm going to try this tomorrow and will report back my perceived results.

Nite all.

No comments: