Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, April 11, 2014

Bad Start

It's a bad start to the weekend.

My brother, 'The Convenient Greenie', lives near Cooktown, where there is currently the second worst cyclone since 1918 bearing down on him.


He lives in a valley.

At this stage, he can hear the winds blowing above him and over the mountains, but rarely reaching low enough to affect him.

Unfortunately, there is still a couple of hours before the cyclone will be directly over him.

His plan B was to head towards his neighbour, 1 km away, who has a cyclone shelter, but apparently, the winds there are very bad and it would be impossible to reach them at this stage.

This does not please me one little bit.  That was my one reason to stop being concerned .. knowing that there was a safe place nearby.  That is gone and now there is nothing left but to worry.

It's been 47 minutes since my brother last posted on facebook.

When life gets so stressful, that I struggle to cope, my body shuts down .. meaning .. I sleep.  I have no choice but to sleep.  It just happens.

Adoring Husband has spent all day searching cane fields and the surrounding areas of Childers for the little 3 year old girl who went missing from her home in the early hours of yesterday morning.  Many volunteer members of SES from surrounding towns have joined in the search .. so far with no success.

Missing 3 yr old, Chloe Campbell, from Childers.

Then to top it off, one of our psychotic dogs has been very unwell for two days now.  We'll be taking him to the vet tomorrow.  He's not eating and is also having trouble keeping fluids down.

So, it's been a pretty stressful day today.  I can feel my body shutting down .. I sleep when I can't cope with what's happening around me.  I have no choice.

It's been an hour since he last posted.

It's going to be a long, long weekend full of worry.

I wish he'd just jumped in the car and driven south like I asked.  I could have given him a safe place to stay.

Ugh.

Nite all.

No comments: