Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, April 6, 2014

Believe in good

I loved this ...



Despite an incredible sleep-in until 8.30am, I got a good session of study in today, as well as making some banana bread and also starting the fermentation process on some organic apples (yes, on purpose).

I found this beautiful specimen along the riverbank this morning ..


He was getting a bountiful feed of huge brown grubs from the front lawns of two houses!  He sniffed around the clumps of grass and then dug his nose right under the roots, coming up with these big grubs every time!  Amazing to watch.

Adoring Husband arrived home, safe n sound, from his course in Gympie this afternoon.  It's good to have him home.

We've just experienced a bit of a storm - nothing to get stressed about.  Some wind and rain.  I watched it, on the BOM site, move all the way from south of the Sunny Coast.  It took about four hours to get here, but I think it had just about exhausted all of it's fury by the time it arrived.

Down south there was minor flooding and some pretty spectacular cloud formations - lots of photos were posted on facebook, which I can't share here, unfortunately.

But I can share this!!


Nite all.


No comments: