Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, May 8, 2014

55 Minutes Late!

That's how late my train was today!  Not that it mattered to me, but it did to some people who needed to catch a plane and were very concerned about getting to the airport on time.  Personally, I think it's pretty silly to give yourself such a small window of time and expect public transport to get you there within it!

There were only 8 other people in my carriage and all but one of them had a horrible cough and cold.  There was sneezing and coughing and nose blowing for two whole hours, all around me!  It will be interesting to see if my body is strong enough to withstand such germ warfare!

Anyway, I arrived safe n sound and my little Chicklet was happy to see me and my bag full of goodies.  We've had a lovely afternoon and read lots of books this evening.  Tomorrow will be a big day, which I will tell you all about at the end of it.

I have lots of quotes to share with you today .. because we all know how travel days are not newsworthy and they tire me out.  The first few are serious and the last few cracked me up!











Nite all.

No comments: