Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, May 5, 2014

Too Perfect

It was a very cold morning .. just 6C .. so I stayed in bed until almost 8am!  No need to get up any earlier when it was so nice and snug and comfortable in bed.

A nice hot shower got me moving and I still made it to the Seat of Knowledge in time to spend fifteen minutes with the boys.

From there I headed to the shops and after checking the mail and getting some meat for tea, I ordered myself a coffee and sat in the sunshine by myself for half an hour.  It was a delightful way to spend a quiet morning.

Now we all know that I had big plans for a day full of study .. but the day was just too beautiful to spend it inside, so I pedalled around town for 3 hours, taking photos and chatting with different people along the way.

I saw an Osprey and chased it clear across town, speeding along the overgrown track that circles the lake at the back of the newest estate.  The track is so poorly maintained that some of it is covered with pretty deep sand, which I didn't know until I was IN it and almost went over the handle bars!  That was a shocking moment that got my heart pumping!

I watched the Osprey dive from the sky straight down to the lake on the other side of the road and even though I had a good view of the area, I didn't see where he landed and I didn't see him fly skyward.  I trekked through the bush and along the eroded path trying to find him, but there was no sign of the bird anywhere.

Bugger!

I did find some gorgeous colour that really brightened this Winter's day ...


I finally came home just before lunch and hit the books.

I studied for over 5 hours and caught up on a 2 hour tutorial that would have been only 1 hour and 40 minutes if I could have edited all the 'ums' and 'ahs' out it!

So now I don't feel guilty about my morning fun.

It's been a full day and I think I'm done.

Nite all.

No comments: