Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Not Gunna Happen

It's been a very productive day, but not for studying.

Time with my boys at the Seat of Knowledge, morning tea with the girls and then straight home to the kitchen!

I'll be away for 4 nights, so I've prepared some meals for Adoring Husband.  He can cook for himself, but he would eat steak with mushroom sauce for every meal if he had his way, so I've prepared some meals packed full of nutritional vegetables.

Savoury Mince and Veggies,  Hot Chilli Chicken and Veggies, Beef and Veggie Casserole and I prepared some sweet potato chips, coated them in coconut oil and himalayan salt and bagged them in meal sized portions, so that all AH has to do is spread them on a tray and cook them in the oven.

I got my washing done ready for my trip.

At 4.45pm, the sky was looking promising for a nice sunset, so I packed my camera gear into my trike basket and pedalled down to the river.

It was less than impressive, but sometimes you can make something out of nothing...


I returned home and made some chocolate bark with premium dark chocolate (sugar free and dairy free) and macadamia nuts, pistachio nuts and hazelnuts.  Adoring Husband had a hankering for some chocolate, so the bark should last a few days (I hope).


Tomorrow should be free for mostly study.  I know that I won't get my assignment finished, but I'll be able to get a lot done .. all going to plan.

AH photographed a spectacular sunrise this morning .. while I slept soundly under the warm doona.  It was a cold morning and I didn't want to get out of bed until almost 8am AGAIN!  I'd be willing to get out of bed for a sunrise like that .. let's see what tomorrow brings.

Nite all.

No comments: