Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, July 24, 2014

It's a hit!

I just checked how many hits I've had on my recent 'filofax' post and *oh my goodness* it's a hit! Almost 200 hits and I wonder how many of them clicked on the link to Vegan Chickie's blog.

I guess that proves what she said about there being some obsessive filofax users out in the big wide world of the web!

I'm wondering if all of you know how to answer this for yourself ...


My label would have to be something about not waking me up. I value every minute of my sleep and if I am woken up from a deep sleep for any reason except something pre-arranged, then I am likely to be cranky all day .. and I mean ALL DAY.

Adoring Husband is aware of this after being on the receiving end of my day-long wrath on a few occasions. I become totally unreasonable and my brain just doesn't see sense. So perhaps my warning label would read:

"BEWARE! CRANKY, BITTER AND TWISTED IF WOKEN UNEXPECTEDLY"

I'm fighting some kind of cold or virus at the moment. About twenty minutes into our train trip yesterday, I felt my throat beginning to feel a bit tender, which was frustrating because usually when I feel that happen, I can tend to it immediately, but on the train, I had to wait it out.

So since I got home last night, I've been dosing up on raw honey and lemon, drinking lots of water and I juiced some organic oranges this afternoon and had a couple of big glasses of juice. I sat in the sunshine this morning for over an hour and have eaten lots of green leafy vegetables today, for lunch and dinner.

My throat still feels a little tender, but it hasn't progressed any further, so I feel like I'm holding it back well.

Another good night's sleep tonight should help, but it's already after midnight, so I'd best get moving!

Nite all.

No comments: