Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, July 21, 2014

Big Day Out

I submitted another assignment today, that was not due until Friday, but I needed to get it out of the way, ahead of a big week coming up for Adoring Husband and I, so I submitted it at 4.30pm today and it was marked and returned to me before 5.30pm. It was my best mark yet! 100%

Very happy with that!

My next assignment is due in 2 weeks and is a video presentation. This assignment is the one that almost stopped me from doing the course .. I am feeling very intimidated by the prospect and I think my time will be very limited to get it done. Fingers crossed for me please!

This is a photo that I took yesterday morning down by the river ...


It was a beautiful start to the day and the river was looking it's finest vibrant blue, with lots of bird life in our company from pelicans to cormorants to kites to egrets. I love the river on a bright sparkling Winter's morning.

Well, we've got a big train trip to Brisbane tomorrow, so I'm off to get myself organised before it gets too late.

Nite all.

No comments: