Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, July 20, 2014

Did ya miss me?

Well, I arrived home at 6pm yesterday and had to be ready to attend a 'Christmas in July' function by 6.30pm!

It was tight.

But I did it!

Unfortunately the date conflicted with other important functions in the area, so the numbers were down on recent years, but it was a great night that raised good money for the local SES group.

The meals were well catered, the Christmas fare was delicious and I really liked the entertainment .. I even danced with Adoring Husband .. and THAT doesn't usually happen unless I've had a LOT of alcohol to drink!

It was a happy, friendly crowd who enjoyed themselves because they were sharing an evening with friends. Here are some happy snaps that I have not edited .. they are straight from the camera, so you get to see the 'before' shots.








By the time we arrived home at almost 11pm, we went straight to bed and after some debriefing of our few days apart, fell into a very deep sleep.

Some exciting news for me today! Remember the assignment that I was most worried about. The one that I really struggled to understand and had to spend extra hours on extra research for it to make sense in my head? Well, I got the results today and it's another High Distinction with 98%.

I can't tell you what a huge relief that was for me. I am VERY happy with that result and am finally beginning to feel more confident about my ability to complete the course successfully.

Well, I have struggled with this computer and the internet tonight .. what should have taken me an hour, has taken almost 3 hours. Very frustrating indeed.

Nite all.

No comments: