Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, July 18, 2014

Wind Swept

What a windy day we had today!

Chicklet and I ventured outside at lunch time today, but were home within the hour .. it was just too uncomfortably windy and there were twigs and leaves falling from the trees as we walked along. Not pleasant at all. Now, at 8.25pm, there is not a skerrick of a breeze!

We've had a lovely day today with lots of play, although a few 'manic' moments fell in there. Chicklet has had a week of visitors and I think it's all catching up with her. She needs some 'alone' time.

Tomorrow is my last day and I head home in the late afternoon.

I've taken a couple of photos with my phone, but not the camera .. must squeeze some pics in tomorrow before I leave! It may be a while before I get back and they may be living at a new address the next time I come for a visit. How exciting!!

As for my filofax post yesterday, I notice a couple of extra hits and few people went to visit Vegan Chickie's blog site .. certainly nothing to get too excited about .. however that may change during the week.

Time for bed and time for me to plug the power back in to my laptop before the battery goes completely flat.

Nite all.

No comments: