Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, August 22, 2014

Care Factor

It's been a lazy day of doing bugger all.

Adoring Husband snuck into the bedroom and left my coffee on the bedside table this morning, but I must have woken soon after because the coffee was still very hot when I took my first mouthful.

So I was awake just after 7am and then I lay in bed with my iPad until after 9.30am!!!!!!

The day was cold and wet and windy, so there was certainly no rush to get out of bed and we had nothing planned for the day, so I savoured the deliciousness of a lazy morning in bed.

It wasn't that long ago that I couldn't stay in bed for more than 5 or 6 hours because my back was just too painful, but since my change of diet, the only time my back really gives me a hard time, is when I spend hours either doing housework or cooking in the kitchen with bare feet on the tiles.

I try to wear slippers or rubber thongs when I do either of those two things and my back is fine.

We had a delicious salad with chilli garlic prawns for lunch and then the same salad with crispy skinned salmon for dinner.

I'm off to bed now after watching a great game of football where Manly lost.

Manly is my least favourite team of all time and I so enjoy watching them lose. My favourite is when my team, the Broncos, beat them, but a close second is when ANY other team beats them. Unfortunately, my little sister supports Manly. Also unfortunately, I tipped Manly in the footy tipping comp this week because I was certain that they would beat Parramatta. On the plus side, everybody else tipped them too, so it won't make a difference to anyone on the ladder.

Happy Friday night and Happy Weekend everybody :)

Nite all

No comments: