Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, August 21, 2014

Patchy Poitier

I'm watching an old movie. One of my favourites. Made in 1965 and starring Sidney Poitier and Shelley Winters. It's called "A Patch of Blue".

I think I was about 10 yrs old the first time I watched it, and I've seen it about ten times.

A Patch of Blue

The second part to Catalyst was on tonight too.  Here is the link if you missed it. I haven't watched it myself yet. I think I'll save it for tomorrow, when I can take my time and enjoy it.

I used up all of my old vegetables from the fridge to day, to make a spaghetti sauce.

It had fresh tomatoes, celery, onion, carrot, garlic, zucchini, roasted capsicum, spinach, home made chicken stock, chilli, pork and chicken mince.

It was a long process but very enjoyable for me to spend time in the kitchen. I made enough for tonight's dinner and three more meals which I've frozen for Adoring Husband to use when I go away in September.

I've baked a whole sweet potato in it's jacket too, which I'll use to make sweet potato salmon patties for lunch tomorrow. It's a new recipe that I haven't tried yet.

The weather has turned quite chilly again and there is a strong cool breeze blowing through our front windows. I love it when the breeze blows in that direction. I leave our bedroom windows open and snuggle right under the doona. Perfect sleeping weather.

Well, I'd love to stay up and watch all of this movie, but it doesn't finish til midnight and we all know my new sleeping rule...

... so nite all.




No comments: