Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Gut Reaction

In case you missed the ABC program, Catalyst, this week ...

Catalyst - Gut Reaction Part 1

There is a lot of information here that was part of my course studies this semester, and a lot of extra information here, that is new, so not included in any studies yet.

I find it amazing that it has taken more than 50 years for science to begin researching food and diet and how it relates to our health, to bring about positive change.

Medicine and Science have been rejecting Naturopathy and nutrition for so many years and essentially warning us all away from it, when this "apparently" new information is what Naturopathy has always promoted.

Finally Science is catching up .. or perhaps they are looking backwards at how we once lived and are realising that before fast food, junk food and strong medications and antibiotics took over our lives, we were actually at our healthiest.

I'm looking forward to next week and watching Part 2.

I took the opportunity today to catch up on a little housework. Because of my studies and Adoring Husband's health issues as well as visitors, the housekeeping has suffered somewhat, so we are taking the next couple of days to join forces and do a bit of Spring cleaning.

Now that I am on a study break, I'm going to take the time to get back to cooking again too.

I'm looking at better sleeping habits too .. that doesn't mean that I'm going to bed at 8pm with AH, but it DOES mean going to try getting to bed well before midnight!

Nite all.




No comments: