Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, August 18, 2014

Quiet on the Home Front

Bubbles and Knight in Shining Armour are home safensound after a flight that left The Bay about 40 minutes late and landed in a cold, wet and windy Sydney at about 3pm.


It's all quiet on the home front and the psychotic dogs are feeling very abandoned. For ten days, they've been either in somebody's arms or on somebody's bed ... now they have to adjust to their own beds again!

It might take a day or two to get back to normal.

I've been meaning to post a photo of the artwork that we bought at Eumundi last week. This is Bertie .. who is hanging beside my side of the bed, so she is the first thing I see when I wake in the mornings. She makes me feel very happy!


Finally, I thought you might like to see how healthy Adoring Husband is looking ...


Now I need sleep.

Nite all.

No comments: