Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, August 23, 2014

The Laziness Continues

Another cold, wet and windy day where I stayed in bed longer than I should have .. although there was nothing on my agenda, so staying in bed was the most enjoyable option.

I am not a Pluviophile.


Which is not to say that I don't enjoy the rain sometimes, but I certainly do not find joy and peace of mind during a rainy day.

I had to get up twice to answer our front door. Once for the Girl Guides selling raffle tickets and once for a neighbour asking if I knew of any Justices of the Peace in town.

That was annoying, because nobody ever knocks on our front door, and I was very warm and comfortable in bed!

Adoring Husband made his way to the SES shed early this morning to attempt to erect a tower - yes in this dreadful weather - and they didn't quite finish the job, but he did bring me coffee before he left the house. Thank you darling :)

Aside from that, I boiled a dozen eggs to make a paleo version of devilled eggs tomorrow and I cut up a big fillet of Snapper into fish fingers and crumbed them to have with home made chips and salad for dinner.

I swapped produce with my neighbours yesterday and today. My next door neighbour gave me a lettuce out of his garden and I gave him 8 eggs. My rear neighbour gave me a couple of handfuls of cherry tomatoes and I gave him 6 eggs straight from the chook pen.

Adoring Husband ate the last of the chocolate zucchini cupcakes, so I have to make something tomorrow to replace them. I also have to make his special breakfast cereal.

After AH arrived home this afternoon, we sat down in front of the TV with our lunch and watched a good old movie made in 1963, starring Doris Day and James Garner, called "Move Over Darling". I love Doris Day.

I found a couple of nice quotes on facebook today.



All things going to plan I should be able to share a recipe or two with you tomorrow.

Meanwhile, you know the drill.

Nite all.

No comments: