Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, August 7, 2014

No News

No news yet on Adoring Husband's test results.

Today, with the help of Bubbles and Knight in Shining Armour, I completed my video presentation for the next assignment.

Tomorrow morning I will write the 300 word critique to go with it and submit it as early as possible to get it out of the way and then I can enjoy some time with the family before I need to submit the next assignment.

I actually only have 11 days to get the next one completed, which is a pain, because I thought I had until 25th. Ugh!

My other achievement for the day was grooming one of the psychotic dogs.  It took over 2 hours with lots of bribes and yet more assistance from the family.

The other two dogs will have to wait a day or two for their pampering.

So after all of that, I'm feeling quite exhausted .. especially after waking at 6am and having to start the day doing Adoring Husband's work for him.

We have big plans for tomorrow, so it's time for me to sleep.

Nite all.

No comments: