Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, August 8, 2014

Results

After what seemed to be a very very long 72 hours, we finally heard from the doctor today, advising that Adoring Husband's tumour was 'low grade malignant' and that he didn't need any further treatment like chemo or anything, but would need to go back in three months to have further procedures to check on both his bladder and his prostate.

I am ecstatic with this outcome and hopeful that AH will grow healthier over the next 3 months so that no further treatment will be necessary.

The whole experience has been painful, embarrassing and uncomfortable for poor AH and we'll be happy when he is feeling 100%.

Thank you to everyone who sent good wishes. It was lovely to have such wonderful support from friends and family. It made the ordeal just a little more bearable. We appreciate you all very much.

I'm also happy to say that I submitted my video assignment on time this evening .. with a couple of hours to spare! Now we wait and see.

Lastly, I am very excited that Manly lost to South Sydney tonight and that my team, Brisbane Broncos had a fabulous win over Canterbury Bulldogs! A great way to start the weekend :)

Nite all.

No comments: