Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, August 4, 2014

Making a List

I've just made a list of all the things that I have to do tomorrow.

NOT on my list, is cleaning the shop loos and attending two morning teas, which I also have to do tomorrow!

The rest of the stuff .. and there are 19 items on my to-do list .. has to be done after lunch and first thing on Wednesday morning.

I'm not feeling confident.

I've convinced Bubbles to help me with the video assignment for my course, so that has to be done on Wednesday afternoon .. after that is completed, I have to find 300 words to critique myself as an interviewing therapist.

Anyway, I need to go to bed. I have to set my alarm for 4.30am, so that means I should get around four hours sleep tonight.

Ugh.

Nite all.


No comments: