Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, August 9, 2014

Bake Off

Today, after hilariously grooming the other two psychotic dogs, we decided on some time in the kitchen.

I made a paleo chocolate mousse, but used a different recipe to last time, this one containing dates, that just didn't want to process in the food processor, and then it was even a struggle in the blender, so NO dates next time!

Then the kids made some chocolate mud cake cupcakes and muffins.

Home made pizzas for dinner and super Saturday footy on Foxtel tonight. I am having a poor week in the tipping competition, but it was enjoyable seeing Newcastle Knights pip Melbourne Storm at the post .. especially because Knight in Shining Armour is a Newcastle Knights supporter!

I think that I have yawned at least 33 times in the last hour, so I believe that's my cue to go to bed!

Bubbles and I will be taking our cameras on a photographic jaunt very shortly, so hopefully I will get to share some photos. It's the super moon, full moon tomorrow night and I have some ideas. Whether they come to fruition or not, is another matter!

So watch this space!

Nite all.

No comments: