Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, November 6, 2014

Dateless Date

Adoring Husband and I decided, while sitting at the Seat of Knowledge this morning, to go to the movies.

We had to go into town for shopping, an appointment with the doctor and to get dog and chook food, so we drove in early and each saw a 9.30am movie.

Adoring Husband saw the movie "Interstellar" starring Matthew McConaughey and Anne Hathaway which ran for almost 3 hours.

At the end, he described it as long, boring and convoluted but intriguing. He was disappointed.

I chose to see "This is Where I Leave You" starring Jane Fonda, Jason Bateman and Tina Fey.

I loved it.

It was funny in parts, heartwarming, heart wrenching and intense. I could relate so well to this dysfunctional family, who with all their faults and frailties, loved and cared about each other, but just didn't know how to express that love in a healthy way. By the end of the movie, I grew to love each one of them and wished that I could give them all a hug.

I recommend it and I'll be buying it on dvd when it's released.

I had an hour to spare after my movie finished, so I got to do some shopping while I waited for AH to come out of his movie.

I bought an Adam Sandler movie and a little gift for my Chicklet.

While AH went to his doctor's (not his usual doctor, where I have to be his bodyguard) appointment, I got to spend some time at the shopping mall, where I had a little bit of a spending spree, buying myself four tops, a pair of shorts and some cheap jewellery. I also got some books and clothes for Chicklet.

Then we picked up our organic FROG box and arrived home at about 4.30pm.

It was a long, but very enjoyable day.

Then to top it off, a pretty sunset that I photographed over the lagoon.


Nite all.

No comments: