Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, November 2, 2014

Stormy

We were hit with a pretty big storm tonight. It started with a few large hail stones and changed to very heavy rain (24mm in 30 minutes) with strong winds, lightning and cracking thunder.

It made the psychotic dogs even more psychotic than usual and they wouldn't settle down until I let them in on the couch, where they all huddled quietly together until it passed.

The storm was bad enough to trigger a little PTS in me and I was relieved when it passed without incident, although it's difficult to tell in the dark if there is any damage to the solar panels on the roof. It will be easier to tell in the light of day tomorrow.

Adoring Husband is in Brisbane tonight and will make his way into the hospital early tomorrow morning for the follow up tests on his bladder and prostate.

I went for a ride before lunch and it was incredibly windy down by the water, so I wasn't out for long, and that is the extent of my day.

I took some photos of the Tawnies and you will be surprised at how much they have already grown! I'll post them tomorrow.

Nite all.

No comments: