Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Living the Syndrome

What is boiled frog syndrome?

It's based on the premise that if a frog is placed in boiling water, it will jump out, but if it is placed in cold water that is slowly heated, it will not perceive the danger and will be cooked to death without moving.

Are we the boiled frogs?

With the daily burden of chemicals in our food, air, water, personal care products, household products and furnishings, combined with malnourishment through diets composed mainly of processed and “dead” foods, we end up engineering a slow but sure death of cells in our body.

This leads directly to a breaking point that results in disease processes that invoke ageing, pain, illness and other forms of suffering.

Most people call it “getting older”, but I believe we are actually “becoming toxic and malnourished”. There’s a big difference and this is why our body breaks down as it does and we complain about getting old.

On top of this, we all have psychological issues that we have never resolved, and which manifest in our subconscious and eventually affect us in some physical way.

So, for many of us, no amount of healthy living will cure our ills because we have this psychological blockage that stops the healing process.

The human body is so complex and so brilliant, working to keep us alive and healthy, while we abuse the life out of it or treat it with disrespectful neglect until it just can't cope anymore because we are not giving it the resources it needs to thrive. 

A healthy immune system is the only thing that keeps us from death, but we do so little to nourish it or to understand it.

I wish that I had cared enough to understand this concept years ago, but then, the rules for, and scientific knowledge of health, have changed considerably just in the last 5 years, so maybe my timing is just right!

With that out of the way, I will stop with the health talk and share my Tawny photos ...



The second photo was the little chick watching me leave as I walked under the nest. How cute is that?

It was Melbourne Cup day today. The race that stops the nation.

Adoring Husband and I sat on our couch, put some money into an online betting account and watched the races on TV. We lost our money, but it was a bit of fun and I made healthy snacks for us to munch on and we didn't have to dress up or watch fashion parades.

Almost midnight again.

Nite all.

No comments: