Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, December 22, 2014

Surprisingly Organised

I believe that this is the first year, in my entire life, that I am completely organised for Christmas!

I'm feeling no stress, panic or dread.

The decorations are up.

All gifts are bought, wrapped and either under the tree, or sent in the mail.

The seafood is booked and organised for Christmas dinner.

Christmas is feeling pretty breezy this year!

Here is my Christmas card to anybody who cares. My friends. My family. My regular readers.


I'm a little early with my Christmas wishes .. but as I've already stated .. TOTALLY ORGANISED!!

Today, I received in the mail, the new bedding that I ordered weeks ago, so I washed and dried my bamboo sheets (I can't tell you how much I love my soft bamboo sheets, in fact, I ordered some more online today. They were on sale, down from $235 to $49!!) and have made my bed with the bamboo sheets and the new doona cover.

We all know how divine it is to slide into crisp clean bedding *sigh*

That's where I am heading right now .. to my fresh and new looking beautiful bed.

Nite all.

No comments: