Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, December 21, 2014

Tis the Season

to be jolly.

This morning I ran into 'The Designer'. She went on holidays at the beginning of last month and was supposed to be away for 3 weeks, but one thing led to another and almost 8 weeks later, she is home and working on an impulse garage sale.

She told me that she had some dvds for me, so after I had my coffee, I dropped by her house to collect them and discovered her attempting to transport her disposable goods and chattels to the front lawn to set them up for sale, so I gave her a hand and helped bring them from one end of the property to the front.

I was then invited inside to the air conditioning where we sat for a chat.

It was meant to be a quick visit, but as we do, we got all involved in some D & M conversations and all of a sudden, two hours had passed and I was rushing off like Cinderella leaving the ball at the stroke of midnight!

When I checked my phone, there were 5 missed calls from Adoring Husband! As I pedalled out of her driveway, there was AH driving up the street towards me!

I am usually home by ten or eleven am, so when I didn't come home and didn't answer my phone, he was worried, especially because there was a show on TV that I had been looking forward to all week, which started at midday and I wasn't there for it!

Luckily, the show, The Paleo Way with Pete Evans, was being recorded, so we watched it when I arrived home. Here is the link if you want to watch it ... The Paleo Way

We then watched Australia win the cricket and began to get ready to attend a Christmas party which was being held at an old friend's house up the road.

It was a good night.

We caught up with some friends who we don't see very often these days, and Adoring Husband did some flirting with some new young ladies in the group ... always good for the ego! We were there for almost 5 hours, which is unusual because in our old age, we usually last about 2 hours.

It's been an enjoyable day and it's almost midnight, so I shall sign out before I turn into a pumpkin.

Nite all.

No comments: