Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, February 7, 2015

Exciting!

Today, I received in the mail, my super duper, extra strength, very special, probiotics and enzyme supplements.

I ordered them a week ago and they were supposed to take 6 weeks to arrive, but to my joy, they arrived much faster.

I am not one for supplements. I don't pop any pills for any reason. No fish oil, no vitamins, no calcium, no nothing.

A good probiotic has been on my wish list for some time and I've been looking into the different brands and different strengths for probably a year now with little success.

All of the new research suggests that our stomach is our second brain, in fact, some research even suggests that the stomach is our first brain and that it is the one that sends all the messages to the brain in our head.

So it's important that it is functioning at an optimum level and that all the good bacteria is thriving and doing the job that they are there for .. keeping us healthy, strengthening our immune system, receiving and utilising all the nutrients and digesting the food efficiently and effectively.

I believe that my digestive problems began with the medication that I took for Grave's Disease seven years ago. The information sheet listed 87 different side effects which included quite a few different digestive issues as well as possible damage to liver and kidneys.

Despite my doctor issuing me with a second year's worth of prescriptions, I only took the medication for one year. Long enough to stabilise my condition and that's when I really started to focus on my diet and well being.

So tonight I took my very first dose of probiotics and enzymes and now I wait and hope for the next stage of improved health.

We all know that sleep is important for good health too .. it's after midnight .. AGAIN .. so I'm off to bed.

Nite all.  

No comments: