Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, February 4, 2015

What the!?!

So here I was, feeling like I finally had things under control with my essay.

I figured out the referencing problem, typed out the actual essay, counted the words and then re-read the requirements.

Oops!

I missed two whole sections!

Ugh!

Sometimes, I'm such an old woman and I scare myself with how easily my brain can go so completely blank over 'some' things.

I've re-read the requirements four times in the last week. How the hell could I have missed that?

So I quickly researched and added the new sections .. but .. woops, now I am 200 words OVER!

Ugh!

Seriously?

Late this afternoon, I was able to reduce it by 100 words, but then it was time to put it away til tomorrow. My brain just couldn't cope any more.

So the ongoing essay saga continues.

I was really hoping that I could have it all over with by the end of today, but now I have to stretch it another day. Time just goes so fast when I'm focused and this week is zipping by oh so quickly!

You do all realise that I bring you this drama so that you can suffer as much as me? I'm taking you on this ride in hell whether you like it or not!

Bed time to rest the brain.

Nite all.

No comments: