Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Intense

I've had an intense day of study.

So intense that I didn't even stop to make Adoring Husband some lunch.

I have completed my essay, BUT I'm now trying to reference correctly (I have never referenced an essay before .. ever) and then I have to type it up and figure out how to include the diagrams and equations correctly.

Just when I think I'm figuring it all out, I discover something else that's going to take a little more time than I expected.

I started the day with a lovely morning tea with the girls and then on the way home, I stopped of at Mardi's (aka Kaz) place to have my blood pressure taken. Whenever I've had my blood pressure taken in the past, it has always been perfect. Always.

Today it was 124/118 which is considered pre-hypertension.  This was shocking for me!  It probably contributed to my stressful study day, worrying about my blood pressure ... and then I realised that I've been stressing so much over my studies, THAT has probably contributed to my high blood pressure! It's a Catch 22 situation really!

Tonight after two glasses of wine, it was 115/75 which is in the 'normal' range.

The only answer is to drink wine regularly.

Yes, I know, I'm not supposed to drink alcohol while on my 10 week Paleo Way program *insert smiley face here* but I earned it!

At 4.30pm, I suddenly realised that I had 30 minutes to get organised for our monthly barbecue at the river. Adoring Husband was picking up the SES trailer from The Bay, so I had to do it all myself.

In 30 minutes, I cooked our lamb loin chops (because I didn't think AH would arrive early enough to cook them on the barbecue .. and "I" wasn't going to do it!), I chopped a plate full of mango, pineapple and grapes for nibbles/dessert, I changed my top, packed our plates and eating implements, wine glass and bottle of wine, shut the windows and blinds and locked the doors, piled everything into the basket of my trike and headed off.

I was impressed with my efficiency!

I was hoping for a nice sunset tonight so that I could include a nice photo here for a change, but there was a heavy shower just before sunset and the cloud closed in over the horizon so that there was nothing to photograph.

I feel sad for my camera that it has been so neglected lately, but I will definitely be taking it with me to Brisbane next week and it will get a workout and a half!

Be prepared for photo overload :)

Enough for now.

Nite all.

No comments: