Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, February 5, 2015

It's done.

Yesssss!!

The essay is finished.

I haven't submitted it yet because I want to read it tomorrow with a fresh brain and clearer eyes.

Of course, I'm second guessing myself (as I do) and wondering if I've covered everything that I'm supposed to cover. Does it make sense? Does it flow? Have I got the referencing right? Are my explanations clear?

I'm not going to spend any more time on it! Just a good clean proof read in the morning and then submit it and forget it!

Tomorrow we have to go into The Bay in the morning. I have to cook some meals for Adoring Husband for while I'm away next week and make up two weeks worth of dog food. Attempt to get some housework done. Write a 'packing' list.

Saturday should be good for washing and packing and possibly 'relaxing' and then on Sunday, it's a mid morning train, so I can take my time getting ready.

Then I'm off!

My first stop is for three days to visit my Chicklet family. It's been forever since I was down there and I'm so excited to see them! We'll be celebrating an early 4th birthday for Chicklet .. can you believe she is FOUR already!?

On Wednesday, it's another train ride down to Brisbane to spend three days with the girls. The camera will get a workout and I'm going to spend a lot of time on the river ferries and possibly exploring some boutiques in the suburbs as well as the city.

As soon as I get back, I will have 3 weeks to cram for both Chemistry and Physiology exams due on the 6th March. So prepare yourself for more stress blogs!

I have to congratulate Number One Son who applied for his dream job in November and was informed today that he was successful. The job is in Wagga and the company is paying his moving expenses as well a month in a motel until he finds accommodation. The salary is beyond excellent and he is a very happy chappy. He will be close to family there too.

Things seem to be going along nicely for my kids. Vegan Chickie was recently accepted into a Bachelor of Arts (Professional Writing and Publishing) undergraduate degree course, which she commences next month and is very excited about and Bubbles has just commenced a Cert IV in Business Management course and is studying hard.

Obviously, they inherited my intelligent genes :)

It's 10.30pm and I think I can be in bed before 11pm for a change! Wahoo!

Nite all.

No comments: