Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, February 19, 2015

S&%t's getting real.

So the cyclone has progressed from a reasonably harmless category one, to a category 4 and predicted to reach the most severe level of category 5 before it hits land some time tomorrow morning. The whole process has taken 24 hours and this cyclone (Marcia) is going to effect all of the Queensland coast from Mackay south.

Unfortunately, for the people of St Lawrence, just north of Yeppoon, it is predicted that the cyclone will cross closest to them. The winds will reach 300kph and I can't even comprehend that kind of speed.


The most frightening part for us, is that we are south of the cyclone and that is where the worst rain and the strongest possibility of water spouts and tornados occurs.

So far, the weather has been reminiscent of cyclone Oswald, where we get quiet patches and then the wind picks up and we get heavy scuds of rain (horizontal), then it goes quiet again and the process repeats itself.

It makes me feel anxious. Very anxious.

I have the windows closed and the blinds pulled .. so that if there are any flying missiles, the blinds will stop the glass shattering through the house and hopefully slow down the missile as it enters the house.

My walk-in wardrobe is cleared out and I have my camera gear, fully charged phone and ipad in there with a couple of pillows. There is enough room in there for Adoring Husband, me and the three psychotic dogs. Oh I must put the torch in there before I go to bed!

I cooked up 2 kgs of chicken wings and made some chocolate seedy energy balls.

The best part of eating Paleo, is that when people 'panic buy', they buy all the bread, crackers and milk, and they leave all the fresh fruit and veg behind .. which will last longer than bread or milk if the power goes out .. so there was plenty for me to choose from!

Anyway, my little sister is in the path of the cyclone, even though she is 2 hours inland, she will be affected as Marcia crosses the coast and heads inland.

My brain/mind is erratic, so I will stop rattling on and sign off.

Hopefully, I will return tomorrow evening with our house and bodies still intact to tell you the story of our second cyclone experience.

Stressed to the max!

Nite all.

No comments: