Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, February 15, 2015

As Promised

Well, here are 'some' photos from my time in Brisvegas.







The waiter (Carlos) was kind enough to take a group photo of us as our entrees arrived.

Unfortunately, I didn't have my tripod, so hand held in low light is not really conducive to crisp shots. They turned out 'ok', all things considered.

I currently have a big batch of chicken broth simmering away in the slow cooker .. it's been going for about 12 hours and I'll probably leave it on for another 24 hours.

This is what I made for lunch today. Chilli, chicken and prawn meatballs crusted in sesame seeds with a sweet chilli dipping sauce. Unfortunately, my chillies weren't very strong so I'll remedy that for the next batch!


I ate so many of them at lunch time that I didn't even have dinner tonight.

I used 500g each of green prawns and chicken mince.

I processed the prawns until they were quite smooth, then added 2 T of chilled water and pulsed it until the mixture was quite sticky. I then added the chicken mince, 2 T fish sauce, finely chopped chilly, garlic and spring onions and pulsed until it was mixed well.

I coated my hands in oil so that the mixture wouldn't stick and made some small meatballs, which I rolled in sesame seeds and then flattened slightly. I shallow fried them in coconut oil and after they were cooked, sprinkled them with himalayan salt and cracked pepper.

I made a dipping sauce with apple cider vinegar, lemon juice, honey, chopped coriander, chilli and fish sauce. It needed more chilli.

Anyway, that's it from me. I'll try to get some more shots from my week away, up here soon, but I really need to focus on the studies, so I don't know when that will happen.

Nite all.


No comments: