Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, February 21, 2015

Back to Normal

It's all over.

Marcia has wreaked her havoc and then scuttled through the rest of the state causing widespread flooding and other damage.

We were let off lightly.

The strong winds didn't reach the expected 100kph, but even at 65kph the wind caused a roar that made for a very restless sleep and one of the psychotic dogs was completely freaked out and in the end I brought her into our bed, just so that I could get some sleep.

We didn't get much rain either. She skirted by us and dumped hundreds of mm of rain on the Sunny Coast and Brisvegas causing flash flooding and cutting off a lot of roads. The devastating effects will continue to be felt in the days to come as rivers reach their peak and flood cities like Gympie and Maryborough.

I rode my trike down to the river this morning, even though the winds were still quite strong and gusty, and sat with the boys for a while .. that is until I noticed the mini water spouts that were skipping along the water across the river.

That was my cue to leave. I knew that if one of them grew to a decent size and came in our direction, I would be messed up beyond repair, so I left the boys to tackle the ridiculous wind gusts and possible water spouts and I headed home to study.

While Adoring Husband spent the day SES-ing, I got some good study hours in.

I made a nice chicken curry for dinner tonight and now I'm watching one of my favourite movies "50 First Dates" with Adam Sandler and Drew Barrymore. I doubt that I'll see it out to the end because my restless night is catching up with me .. I need sleep.

The current weather situation is looking good. *sigh of genuine relief*

Nite all.


No comments: