Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, February 16, 2015

Procrastination or Necessity?

There is so much that needs to be done and I feel guilty sitting down to study when I know things are being neglected.

So it could be seen as procrastination, but today it was necessary to do some cooking to replenish stocks that have diminished in the fridge in the last couple of weeks.




I need to clean the bathroom tomorrow and by then, the guilt should ease enough for me to study with focus.

Some more of Mother Nature's wrath hit our area in the early hours of this morning.

An earthquake registering 5.2 on the Richter scale hit at 2am.


This earthquake woke everybody I know, including Adoring Husband, who said that it sounded just like the tornado with a roaring sound that got louder and louder.

SEB's bird cage was moved almost 2 foot from it's usual resting place.

All three of the psychotic dogs (two of them sleep in our room) barked at the disturbance.

Others talked of rattling cupboard doors, the houses on stumps vibrated more than the new houses and some lighter items vibrated right off shelves. Some places lost power for an hour and others found cracked concrete and cracks in walls.

I slept through the whole thing!!

I vaguely remember feeling the bed shake and dismissing it thinking that Adoring Husband had woken up (he has Parkinsons and regularly wakes during the night causing the bed to vibrate) and I also heard the psychotic dog in the laundry barking, but ignored her hoping that she would soon stop.

But that is the extent of my earthquake experience and I am grateful for that.

AH was surprised by how it caused him to relive the fear of the tornado event, so I'm glad that I slept through it.

Apparently we live on a fault line. Who knew?! Not very happy about THAT!

Anyway, we survived intact, and hopefully that's the last of it!

Best go make dinner!

Nite all.

No comments: