Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, February 14, 2015

Done and Dusted

Party time is over.

My week of fun and frivolity is done and I have arrived home safe and sound.

Tomorrow it's back to the grind!

It was a great week but I'm happy to be home, and Adoring Husband, along with the three psychotic dogs, seemed happy to see me too.

Now I have a week of TV shows to catch up on (which Adoring Husband recorded for me) but I also have some intense study happening for the next 3 weeks, so I might just have to watch one show each day during my lunch break til I catch up.

I hope to post some photos tomorrow. Watch this space.




Nite all.

No comments: